How to stop aging? Is that possible? You would be surprised how you can if you take the right steps to do so. It’s not difficult either. If you start making some simple changes to your diet and daily routine, you could stop the aging process and begin to look years younger. I will start you off with five simple tips.
- When discussing how to stop aging it is important to mention diet and weight. If you are overweight, it is crucial that you start changing your diet whether it be what you are eating or how much. Extra kilos/pounds lead to greater risk of heart disease, stroke, arthritis, and diabetes. Portion control is the first step followed by paying close attention to the quality of the food you are eating. Extra pounds put a lot of stress on your body; overeating stresses your digestive system preventing optimal functioning; and extra weight adds years to the appearance of your face and body. But it is also important to mention exercise here. No matter how slim you are, it is imperative that you exercise 3-4 times a week. Statistics show that regular exercise significantly reduces the effects of aging. It does not have to be grueling. Consider implementing a 30 minute walk around your neighborhood. Add a different playlist each day to keep it more interesting. Fresh air and blood flow is important for maintaining a healthy glow
- If you are interested in how to stop aging, eat salt and sugar in moderation. Salt can be problematic for people with high blood pressure; but more importantly, it can leave you dehydrated which inhibits your body’s ability to remove toxins. A diet too high in sugar can lead to diabetes, weight gain, and poor texture of skin.
- Eat the right fats. Unsaturated fats such as vegetable oils are generally healthier than saturated fats, but it is important to change them up because of the varying nutrients provided by each of them such as sesame oil, olive oil, truffle oil, and grape seed oil. These fats are important for brain function and mood.
- Drinking lots of fluids is also an important part of how to stop aging. Drinking a good amount of fluids throughout the day will keep pesky cravings at bay and prevent a false sense of hunger. Often times when we think we are hungry, we are in fact dehydrated. Fluids are important for moving the toxins out of our bodies, keeping our muscles and joints lubricated, and our energy high.
- Eating lean protein is final step to how to stop aging. Lean meat, fish, nuts, eggs, cheeses all provide what we need to sustain our energy, maintain a balanced glycemic levels, and stay lean. A diet low in protein can leave you feeling unsatisfied and craving food throughout the day. A diet low in protein can leave you feeling sluggish and lacking in concentration. More importantly, your brain needs protein to function and to protect it from degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s.